h5part - Re: [H5part] Fwd: HDF5 Particle File format

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] Fwd: HDF5 Particle File format

  • From: Wes Bethel <ewbethel AT lbl.gov>
  • To: John Shalf <JShalf AT lbl.gov>
  • Cc: CESiegerist AT lbl.gov, h5part AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] Fwd: HDF5 Particle File format
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:06:14 -0800

I'm about to send Chip a note requesting he set up several gforge-hosted
projects here. As part of this request, I need to know if we want SVN or
CVS for H5part. My guess is that we'd want SVN.

Note, however, that our intent is to allow public downloads only of
"release tarballs". Unless there is a good reason otherwise, the primary
development SVN repository would remain at PSI, and therefore the choice
of SVN or CVS for our gforge server is somewhat moot. The exception
would be that if we wanted to mirror the PSI SVN repository here, which
actually seems like it might be a good idea.

Thanks,
wes