h5part - Re: [H5part] SVN access available for contributions?

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] SVN access available for contributions?

  • From: John Biddiscombe <biddisco AT cscs.ch>
  • To: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] SVN access available for contributions?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:07:30 +0100

I have no idea about MicroSoft C-compilers! Anyone else?
OK. I just looked again at the errors and now I realize what has happened. The H5Part.c and H5Block.c files are declaring variables within the body of the function (i.e. not at the start of the function scope). According to c99 or some other spec, the variables should be defined before use. I can't find a flag in MSVC to turn off this checking.
When compiling as C++, the restriction is lifted and there's no problem.

gcc seems to just allow this without complaint, probably there's a flag to turn on checking if anyone wanted.

Perhaps I should modify the originals to conform properly, though I'm not sure its worth the effort.

JB