linux-discuss - [[Linux-discuss] ] How to calculate the percentage a process is running single threaded (single core) / multi threaded

linux-discuss AT lists.psi.ch

[[Linux-discuss] ] How to calculate the percentage a process is running single threaded (single core) / multi threaded

  • From: "Martin Gilles (PSI)" <gilles.martin AT psi.ch>
  • To: "linux-discuss AT lists.psi.ch" <linux-discuss AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [[Linux-discuss] ] How to calculate the percentage a process is running single threaded (single core) / multi threaded
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 14:03:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, de-CH, en-US

Hi,

I have a code which is running let’s say 24hours on a normal workstation with 4 cores. I need to see how it would scale but it’s running part of the time on only one core.

I would therefore like to know how long that code is running is single thread mode compared to multi-threaded mode during its duration.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks

Gilles

  • [[Linux-discuss] ] How to calculate the percentage a process is running single threaded (single core) / multi threaded, Martin Gilles (PSI), 03/25/2019