opal - Re: [Opal] Fwd: Particle interactions for news developments in OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Fwd: Particle interactions for news developments in OPAL

  • From: Christian Baumgarten <christian.baumgarten AT psi.ch>
  • To: <opal AT lists.psi.ch>, "Adelmann Andreas (PSI)" <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Fwd: Particle interactions for news developments in OPAL
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 16:16:25 +0200

Am Friday 06 April 2018 schrieb Adelmann Andreas (PSI):
> Dear OPAL community, there is a proposal from Oliver Amoros, Concepcion and
> Pedro Calvo Portela for new types of particle interaction in OPAL.
>
> Comments and further ideas are highly appreciated.
>
> Cheers Andreas

Dear Andreas et al,

very good idea indeed.

One comment: I would expect that the van-der-Waals
constants "a" and "b" can be neglected at gas densities
in which cyclotrons are able to work, probably even close
to internal ion sources.

Of course it would be interesting to have this kind of loss
Monte Carlo also for H2+, though I am not sure if cross
section data for different vibration states are known...

One question: Did you also consider to trace stripped
ions to the walls of the vacuum tank to enable for a
prediction of activation hot spots?

-- Christian

--

Paul Scherrer Institut