actris-acsm AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: Actris-acsm mailing list
- From: "Slowik Jay Gates (PSI)" <jay.slowik AT psi.ch>
- To: actris-acsm <actris-acsm AT lists.psi.ch>
- Subject: [Actris-acsm] EETA / PSI PMF of ACSM
- Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:06:56 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, de-CH
- List-archive: <https://lists.web.psi.ch/pipermail/actris-acsm/>
- List-id: <actris-acsm.lists.psi.ch>
It appears my last email regarding EETA was too cryptic, as some questions have come up regarding what PSI intends to do with the uploaded PMF matrices. So I’ll try to clarify…
This project is the result of discussions among the group at the ACTRIS-ACSM meeting last February (attached to ME-2 workshop). The main idea here is to use these datasets to improve/validate the AuRo-SoFi (Automatic Rolling SoFi) algorithm to the point where it can be released to the community. For this we need to take a careful look at a number of long-term (ideally year-long or more) datasets, evaluate various aspects of the algorithm’s stability, compare with conventional SoFi analyses, etc. In the short term, the idea would be for this to feed into a technical/intercomparison paper focusing on the AuRo-SoFi method/capabilities/inter-comparison. Of course, we want to be very careful not to compromise the ability of individual groups to separately publish their own results.
From our existing work on AuRo-SoFi on PSI datasets, we have the feeling that there are some really interesting things to be learned by this method that could eventually fit into a European overview, perhaps as a follow-up to the overview currently led by Michael Bressi. But as far as I know this hasn’t been seriously discussed yet and there is anyways a lot of work that would need to be done first – but maybe a possibility for the future…
- [Actris-acsm] EETA / PSI PMF of ACSM, Slowik Jay Gates (PSI), 11/12/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.