controls-hipa - [[Controls-hipa] ] Goodbye

controls-hipa AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: Controls Information: HIPA

[[Controls-hipa] ] Goodbye

  • From: Fabian Märki <fabian.maerki AT psi.ch>
  • To: PSI.SFOperation <SFOperation AT psi.ch>, <controls-hipa AT lists.psi.ch>, <controls-proscan AT lists.psi.ch>, "Kramer Daniel (PSI)" <daniel.kramer AT psi.ch>, "Lutz Hubert (PSI)" <hubert.lutz AT psi.ch>
  • Subject: [[Controls-hipa] ] Goodbye
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 18:23:04 +0200

Dear sf-databuffer, sf-imagebuffer, gls-archive, hipa-archive, saresa-archive, saresb-archive, proscan-archive, and dispatcher users (and to some degree also sf-archiverappliance users)

Today was my last official day at PSI. It has been a great time where I could take on responsibilities and initiate and push SwissFEL's DAQ system (which later also became the DAQ system of other facilities). It has been an involving and satisfying work and I think the outcome can stand comparison with other systems (like CERN's at https://home.cern/science/computing/processing-what-record – DataBuffer processes ~860 MB/s (~71 TB/day) and ImageBuffer ~1.6 GB/s (~135 TB/day)).

I would also like to take the chance to thank Simon Ebner. As my superior he kept my back clear so I could focus on the actual work. I appreciated this a lot and enjoyed working with you Simon!

It has been a pleasure to be at your service,
Fabian

P.S.
I would be happy to keep in contact with you. I will join the Institute for Data Science of the University of Applied Sciences (FHNW - https://www.fhnw.ch/de/die-fhnw/hochschulen/ht/institute/institut-fuer-data-science). In case you see potential for a joint project related to NLP, Machine Learning, or Optimization please let me know.

P.P.S
I was asked to step back and reflect - https://jira.psi.ch/browse/ATEST-999. Please feel free to modify/extend/delete wherever necessary.

--
Paul Scherrer Institut
Dr. Fabian Märki

  • [[Controls-hipa] ] Goodbye, Fabian Märki, 04/03/2019