h5part - Re: [H5part] SVN access available for contributions?

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] SVN access available for contributions?

  • From: John Biddiscombe <biddisco AT cscs.ch>
  • To: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] SVN access available for contributions?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:10:18 +0100

apologies
these as string attributes - I wonder if standard names (like those suggested above) could be chosen for Particle formats and enshrined somewhere so that
The rest of this sentence was lost due to me typing more slowly than I could think. It should have said something along the lines of "if we make a list of "known" names and what they mean, then people can use them as string attributes". This would be similar to the "conventions" used commonly in the world of netCDF where meteo people use one set of standard names and other fields try to reuse them when they can, but make up new ones for their own specific needs. they get listed eventually as conventions to make the software writers' live easier.
JB

--
John Biddiscombe, email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/BJohn.php