h5part AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: H5Part development and discussion
- From: Andreas Adelmann <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
- To: Mr Prabhat <prabhat AT hpcrd.lbl.gov>
- Cc: Kurt Stockinger <kstockinger AT lbl.gov>, Achim Gsell <Achim.Gsell AT psi.ch>, Wes Bethel <ewbethel AT lbl.gov>, Janet Jacobsen <jsjacobsen AT lbl.gov>, h5part AT lists.psi.ch
- Subject: [H5part] Re: H5Part compile issues on bassi
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:23:10 +0100
- List-archive: <https://lists.web.psi.ch/pipermail/h5part/>
- List-id: H5Part development and discussion <h5part.lists.psi.ch>
Mr Prabhat wrote:
Hello Prabhat welcome on board!Hi Achim/Andreas, I am slowly settling down in my new job and finally getting started on using H5part. One of our collaborators is trying to use H5Part on 'bassi' which runs aix. The default instructions for installing H5Part do not work; I've been stepping through the configure-generated Makefiles and I've been uncovering a number of issues, some of them having to do with the make system not being able to resolve "$<" and "$(RM)" and so on. For reference, I am using tcsh; H5Part-1.4.0 and the following command line: env CC=cc_r CXX=cc_r FC=xlf_r MPICC=mpcc_r MPICXX=mpcc_r MPIFC=mpxlf_r HDF5ROOT=/usr/common/usg/hdf5/64/1.6.4/parallel MPILIB="-L/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib -lmpi_r" MPIINC=-I/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include/ ./configure --enable-fortran --enable-parallel && make install I'm assuming that you had this running on aix at some point and that there's probably something wrong with my environment/flags. Have you encountered anything of this sort before? thanks, Prabhat Kurt Stockinger wrote:Hi Achim and Andreas, Tomorrow is my last day at LBNL and Prabhat will take over H5Part. Over the last two days I gave him a detailed explanation about H5Part, H5Block, HDF5-FastQuery etc. Achim, can you please add him to the SVN-repository so that he can also check out the code? His email address is prabhat AT hpcrd.lbl.gov Thanks, Kurt
I never had any problem you are currently experiencing! I also did not use Bassi much lately !
Achim, please add Prabhat to the H5Part mailing list and fill him in to the details of
bug submitting etc.
Have fun with H5Part, Andreas
-- Dr. sc. math. Andreas (Andy) Adelmann Staff Scientist Paul Scherrer Institut WLGB/132 CH-5232 Villigen PSI Phone Office: xx41 56 310 42 33 Fax: xx41 56 310 31 91 Phone Home: xx41 62 891 91 44 ------------------------------------------------------- Wednesday: ETH CAB F 10.1 xx41 44 632 82 76 ======================================================= The more exotic, the more abstract the knowledge, the more profound will be its consequences." Leon Lederman =======================================================
- [H5part] Re: H5Part compile issues on bassi, Andreas Adelmann, 11/20/2007
- [H5part] Re: H5Part compile issues on bassi, Mr Prabhat, 11/21/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.