h5part - [H5part] H5Hut fortran compiling

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

[H5part] H5Hut fortran compiling

  • From: "Koch, Benjamin" <benjamin.koch2 AT rwth-aachen.de>
  • To: "h5part AT lists.psi.ch" <h5part AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [H5part] H5Hut fortran compiling
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 10:45:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US

Hello team of H5Hut,

I'm a master student of the RWTH-Aachen and I work for the Institute for Combustion Technology. My supervisor and I are interested in data management via HDF5.

We are working on the simulation of nano-particle combustion. Because the current method for writing out particle quantities could be faster, we discover your program on github.

Our simulation program uses fortran code, so we try to include the fortran part of H5Hut.

I tried to run the examples and it worked for the C part of the code, but I can't get the fortran code working.

I think there is a problem with the linking of the library. The library seems to be linked, but then the error messages follow that some functions are not found. For example "pathto/src/build/lib/libH5hutF.so: undefined reference to `h5_flush_iteration'".

Before I get too deep into the solving this problem, I like to ask:

The last updates of the fortran code seem to be some time ago, is it still up to date?

Best regards

Benjamin Koch