idok-users - Re: [idok-users] iDok Kerberos Configuration

idok-users AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: iDok user discussion

Re: [idok-users] iDok Kerberos Configuration

  • From: Florian Hübner <florian.huebner AT psi.ch>
  • To: idok-users AT lists.psi.ch
  • Cc: Martin Richter <martinrichter AT myway.com>
  • Subject: Re: [idok-users] iDok Kerberos Configuration
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:16:30 +0200

The jaas.conf file should stay where it is and you have to make sure that the correct entry in the jaas.conf file is used when starting up the server.
The parameter looks something like this:

-Dch.idok.service.server.login.config=DmsServerProd \

that would use your entry:
> DmsServerProd {
> com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
> storeKey=true
> principal="HTTP/dms.psi.ch AT TEST.LAN"
> useKeyTab=true
> keyTab="/vol/idokdata_00/app/idok-1.0.0-beta2/etc/dms.keytab"
> useTicketCache=false
> debug=false;
> };
so the problem is probably your principal: dms.psi.ch AT TEST.LAN
you still have to change the address to your own server.

best regards
Florian

PS: Please add the idok-users AT lists.psi.ch address to your replies (usually trough "reply-to-all") so everyone can read them and they wont get lost somewhere in my personal mailbag :)

Martin Richter wrote:

Hello,

there's one little question left: Where should i put the changed jaas.conf - or should it stay where it is? I set up jaas.conf and krb5.conf to match my configuration and iDok don't query the krb server at all.

jaas.config:
// "storeKey" cannot be used to create a new credentials cache file
// The file name for "ticketCache" must be quoted, e.g. ticketCache="/tmp/tickets"
// forwardable=true is only supported by IBM Java, use krb5.conf file for Sun Java
Dms {
ch.psi.idok.common.util.MyKrb5LoginModule required
useTicketCache=true
doNotPrompt=false
debug=false;
};

DmsCacheOnly {
ch.psi.idok.common.util.MyKrb5LoginModule required
useTicketCache=true
doNotPrompt=true
debug=false;
};

DmsNoCache {
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
useTicketCache=false
doNotPrompt=false
debug=false;
};

DmsServerProd {
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
storeKey=true
principal="HTTP/dms.psi.ch AT TEST.LAN"
useKeyTab=true
keyTab="/vol/idokdata_00/app/idok-1.0.0-beta2/etc/dms.keytab"
useTicketCache=false
debug=false;
};

DmsServerDevel {
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
storeKey=true
principal="HTTP/dms02.psi.ch AT TEST.LAN"
useKeyTab=true
keyTab="/vol/idokdata_00/app/idok-1.0.0-beta2/etc/dms.keytab"
useTicketCache=false
debug=false;
};

DmsServerQA {
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
storeKey=true
principal="HTTP/dms03.psi.ch AT TEST.LAN"
useKeyTab=true
keyTab="/vol/idokdata_00/app/idok-1.0.0-beta2/etc/dms.keytab"
useTicketCache=false
debug=false;
};

krb5.config:
[logging]
default = FILE:/var/log/krb/logfile.log
kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb/kdc.log
admin_server = FILE:/var/log/krb/admin.log

[libdefaults]
default_realm = TEST.LAN

[realms]
TEST.LAN = {
default_domain = test.lan
kdc = lxa001.test.lan
admin_server = lxa001.test.lan
}

[domain_realm]
.test.lan = TEST.LAN

Gathering tickets with kinit etc is working.

Regards,

Martin