opal - Re: [Opal] Field Map Scaling

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Field Map Scaling

  • From: Andreas Adelmann <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
  • To: Opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Field Map Scaling
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 07:28:55 +0200

(AA: and here the original post of Chris)

In the process of comparing Bmad's time tracker with OPAL, I make a 2D field
map based on pillbox fields (equations below). According to the OPAL manual,
the basic columns are: E_z, E_\rho, dummy, B_t (which I assume is B_\phi).
However, I seem to need to scale this last column by a factor of 10^6 to get
the correct focusing. Is this documented?

Thanks!

- Chris -

PNG image

PNG image