opal - [Opal] Dark Current Simulations - FE

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Dark Current Simulations - FE

  • From: "frederic.le.pimpec" <frederic.le.pimpec AT psi.ch>
  • To: wangchuan02513 <wangchuan02513 AT 163.com>
  • Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] Dark Current Simulations - FE
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:59:36 +0200

Dear Chuan,

I am wondering about the particle emission depending of the RF phase of the accelerating structure, case of an RF gun, 2 and a 1/2 cell, S band, meaning 1ps=1deg of rf phase. Pure Field emission (FE)

I have set in the ini file, 1000 steps. 1 ps = 1 step for every ps.

The .oxxx file give the number of particle emitted per step.
let say for at least the first 25 steps, the emission is constant and correspond to 27 particles.
From the Field emission model and the RF phase , the number should either increase or decrease over 25 deg of RF phase.

Sometimes during the emission the number of particle emitted is identical to 22 and then jump at 400, then it decreases.

So I am not really understanding the behaviour of the emission !

Bests
Frederic