opal AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum
Re: [Opal] IPPL/OPAL changes require rebuilding both packages
- From: jjyang <jianjun.yang AT psi.ch>
- To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
- Subject: Re: [Opal] IPPL/OPAL changes require rebuilding both packages
- Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:21:49 +0200
- List-archive: <https://lists.web.psi.ch/pipermail/opal/>
- List-id: The OPAL Discussion Forum <opal.lists.psi.ch>
在 2011-9-2，上午11:09， Yves Ineichen 写道：
> Hi all,
> I made some changes with respect to the MPI Communicator in IPPL.
> Basically you can now run OPAL (any application using IPPL) on a
> subset of processors by passing a user defined MPI group to the IPPL
> constructor. This parameter defaults to MPI_COMM_WORLD so you don't
> have to change anything if you want to use IPPL as before.
> To adapt OPAL to the new MPI communicator mechanism I had to adapt
> some pure MPI_* and H5OpenFile calls (by using Ippl::getComm() to get
> the currently used communicator). Long story short: When you update
> OPAL to r12707 you NEED TO UPDATE AND REBUILD IPPL as well!
> Sidenote:  also introduces a crude OPAL library wrapper (see
> src/opal.h/cpp). This means OPAL can now be called as a library from
> other projects/code/languages.
OPAL as a library, that is cool !
Maybe it is clearer to give a sample example or the instructions.
> Best regards,
>  https://amas.psi.ch/IPPL/changeset/12699
>  https://amas.psi.ch/OPAL/changeset/12707
> Yves Ineichen
> Paul Scherrer Institut WLGB/125 CH-5232 Villigen PSI
> Phone Office: +41 56 310 37 63
> ::p = "This statement cannot be proven"::
> Opal mailing list
> Opal AT lists.psi.ch
- [Opal] IPPL/OPAL changes require rebuilding both packages, Yves Ineichen, 09/02/2011
- Re: [Opal] IPPL/OPAL changes require rebuilding both packages, jjyang, 09/02/2011
- Message not available
- Re: [Opal] IPPL/OPAL changes require rebuilding both packages, Yves Ineichen, 09/05/2011
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.