opal - [Opal] System Command

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] System Command

  • From: Nicole Neveu <nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] System Command
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 20:07:09 -0500

Hello,

I have a question about the "system" command when running parallel jobs. I'm trying to run a scan, as shown in section 15.1.1 of the manual. When I use the "mv" command, I suspect that each thread is trying to execute my system commands, see attached error file. I'm getting 15 errors when running on 16 processors, and my files are moved (1 correct execution for the fastest thread)?

Is there a way to prevent this? Is my syntax wrong? Or is this a different issue?

Thanks!

Nicole