opal - Re: [Opal] boost for OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] boost for OPAL

  • From: Nicole Neveu <nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu>
  • To: Achim Gsell <achim.gsell AT psi.ch>
  • Cc: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] boost for OPAL
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 10:02:16 -0600

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the great information.

@Achim, you were exactly right! The default gcc is 4.85!
I will try building with a newer version now.

And special thanks for all the great build instruction on the wiki!

Nicole

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 7:50 AM, Achim Gsell <achim.gsell AT psi.ch> wrote:
Hi Nicole

On 24 Feb 2018, at 01:21, Nicole Neveu <nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu> wrote:

Can OPAL be compiled with boost 1.64 on linux?
Has anyone tried that?

At present boost 1.64 is the recommended version! A toolchain with current versions is under testing. This will include boost 1.66.0.

I'm getting a lot of warnings when building boost 1.62.
I would ignore them since they are warnings, but I get boost errors when compiling opal (during make).

There is something you must have in mind when compiling with Intel compiler: the Intel compiler does NOT include a STL implementation. STL is taken from the gcc  found in the path! If you have an old gcc in your PATH, it is very likely that you get lot of warnings and/or errors!

Check with the command "which gcc" which gcc is used. Get the version of used gcc with "gcc -v". gcc should be at least version 5.x.y.

Best

Achim