opal - Re: [Opal] Masking Feature Request

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Masking Feature Request

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ryan Roussel <rroussel AT anl.gov>
  • Cc: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Masking Feature Request
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 08:26:17 +0200

Hi Ryan,

one would be to automatically convert these masks into sets of rectangles and then use FlexibleCollimator to describe them. The simplest implementation would use one rectangle for each black pixel. However this isn't ideal because the number of rectangles can be greatly reduced. But this optimization isn't trivial.

A much simpler way is to add a new collimator type, e. g. M COLLIMATOR and to use the raster of the image to find the pixel at the position of a particle.

We'll probably won't support the PNG file format because it demands the usage of yet another external library. Instead I suggest to use the file format Portable Bitmap (extension PBM) since it's quite easy to parse.

Christof