opal - Re: [Opal] Question about setting solenoid, and TWS cavity

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Question about setting solenoid, and TWS cavity

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: sykim12 AT unist.ac.kr
  • Cc: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Question about setting solenoid, and TWS cavity
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 14:23:22 +0200

Hi Seong-Yeol,

1) per default Opal normalizes the on-axis field of the provided field map. The value that you provide as KS in the input file is then the maximum field strength on-axis.

I'm not sure whether the manual is correct about the unit of KS. I'll have to check first.

2) could you send me the input file and the field maps?

Best
Christof