opal - Re: [Opal] Electrostatic Dipol Simulation with OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Electrostatic Dipol Simulation with OPAL

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: Cristopher Cortés <ecortesg95 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Electrostatic Dipol Simulation with OPAL
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 15:07:26 +0100

Hi Cris,

the elements SBEND and RBEND don't accept 2D electrostatic field maps. The only accepted type of field map is 1DProfile which uses Enge coefficients to describe the fringe fields. I think the only way at the moment to model an electrostatic dipole is to use a cavity in combination with a 3D electrodynamic field map (with very low frequency) and to place the elements in 3D space (instead of using ELEMEDGE). I'll add the electrostatic dipole to the To-Do-list.

Please let me know if you need help on generating a 3D field map or placing the elements.

Best regards
Christof