opal - Re: [Opal] Questions regarding .stat output and rfmap input

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Questions regarding .stat output and rfmap input

  • From: "Snuverink Jochem (PSI)" <jochem.snuverink AT psi.ch>
  • To: Huiwen Koay <koay AT rcnp.osaka-u.ac.jp>
  • Cc: "Frey Matthias (PSI)" <matthias.frey AT psi.ch>, opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Questions regarding .stat output and rfmap input
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 13:28:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

As Matthias pointed out to me, it should be:

y - longitudinal

Best regards,
Jochem

On 26 Jun 2019, at 15:19, Snuverink Jochem (PSI) <jochem.snuverink AT psi.ch> wrote:

Dear Huiwen,

Matthias and I can reproduce your finding.
The local frame (OPTION, PSDUMPFRAME=bunch_mean) in the stat file is always:

x - horizontal
y - radial
z - vertical

I suppose your radial momentum (PRINIT attribute of the CYCLOTRON) is not 0?

In that case the local frame is rotated with respect to the initial gaussian input distribution, so RMSx (in the rotated local frame) will no longer be 0.

Best regards,
Jochem