opal - Re: [Opal] The Build Of the OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] The Build Of the OPAL

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: sthomas AT uni-mainz.de
  • Cc: Dou Guoliang <douglas610322 AT 163.com>, opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] The Build Of the OPAL
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 09:49:40 +0100

Hi,

the standard directory is under Unix / Linux /usr/lib, where you as regular user can't write or copy any files. Use --prefix=<some path> when configuring hdf5 and H5hut. <some path> should be a directory where you have the permission to write, e.g. $HOME/extlib/build.
Afterwards you have to instruct the compiler to search the libraries at this position using
--with-hdf5=$HOME/extlib.

Before calling cmake to configure OPAL you have to execute
export H5HUT_DIR=$HOME/extlib
and
export HDF5_ROOT=$HOME/extlib
in your terminal (assuming that you use bash as shell, check with `echo $SHELL`). Preferably you also set the two commands to the .bashrc file in your home directory together with
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/extlib/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hope this helps

Christof