opal - RE: [Opal] OPAL 3DMagnetostatic

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

RE: [Opal] OPAL 3DMagnetostatic

  • From: Daniel Winklehner <winklehn AT mit.edu>
  • To: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: RE: [Opal] OPAL 3DMagnetostatic
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:06:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi Simon,

If you are interested in a single quad (doublet, triplet), you may be able to
use OPAL-cycl for that. It quickly becomes unfeasible for longer beamlines,
though, because diagnostics are designed for cyclotrons.

In case you would like to try that, you can just create a midplane field map
that consists of zeros (OPAL-cycl needs some midplane field file), then
choose the BANDRF type cyclotron, and add your quad field as a 3D RF cavity
field (those can be electric, magnetic, or electromagnetic and the frequency
can be set really low, e.g. 1e-20, to mimic static fields).

If you would like to try this approach, send me an email off-list.

Cheers,
Daniel