opal - Re: [Opal] Tune calculation in OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Tune calculation in OPAL

  • From: "Snuverink Jochem (PSI)" <jochem.snuverink AT psi.ch>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>, Dou Guoliang <douglas610322 AT 163.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Tune calculation in OPAL
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 15:06:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

Hi Dou,

The "p_{r}^2 > p^{2}" error happens when there is no convergence to a closed orbit.

First of all, does the orbit look correct without the closed orbit finder?

Then I noticed that your initial energy and radius are very small. It is more difficult to find a closed orbit for small energies and it might not even exist.

Try to increase the FMLOWE and RINIT (or I think similarly RGUESS in the distribution) to larger values, perhaps starting somewhere close to FMHIGHE. Hopefully the larger orbits will converge.

If that doesn't help, you can send me the magnetic field map, and I'll have a look.

Best regards,

Jochem