opal - [Opal] opal sampler hangs

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] opal sampler hangs

  • From: Philippe Piot <piot AT nicadd.niu.edu>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] opal sampler hangs
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 07:46:55 -0500

Dear All,
  I recently installed opal on a fedora32 laptop and the sampler feature does not work anymore. It starts fine but then hangs. The same example used not to hang in the previous versions of this OS.
  I am attaching the stdout output and my input file (.tmpl, .in, and .data) in case somebody see an obvious mistake. The pilotTrace file clearly states the jobs (0 to 10) are all finished consistent with my scanning over 11 points. I run opal via the command
  mpirun --mca btl ^uct /home/piot/Simulations/OPAL/opal/build/src/opal
  The input file works fine alone (without attempting to do any scan).

   Thank you for any suggestions! All the best, -- Philippe.

Philippe Piot,
https://www.niu.edu/advanced-accelerator-randd/
Northern Illinois University, Dept of Physics and
Northern Illinois Center for Accelerator & Detector Development
DeKalb, IL 60115, USA
Tel: 815 753 6473, Web:  http://www.physics.niu.edu/physics/

Argonne National Laboratory, Advanced Photon Source
Accelerator System Division
Lemont, IL 60439, USA
Tel: 630 252 2415, Web:  https://www.aps.anl.gov/Accelerator-Systems-Division