opal - Re: [Opal] beam current and final accelerating energy value

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] beam current and final accelerating energy value

  • From: "Adelmann Andreas (PSI)" <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
  • To: Dragos Constantin <dragos.constantin AT varian.com>
  • Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] beam current and final accelerating energy value
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 12:30:29 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

Hello Dragos, beam loading can not be modelled with the current version of OPAL.

However in https://journals.aps.org/prab/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevAccelBeams.20.052002
an interesting method was published which could be implemented without bigger problems in OPAL.
This could be an interesting project if you want to be involved with the OPAL development.

Cheers A
------
Dr. sc. math. Andreas (Andy) Adelmann
Head a.i. Labor for Scientific Computing and Modelling
Paul Scherrer Institut OHSA/ CH-5232 Villigen PSI
Phone Office: xx41 56 310 42 33 Fax: xx41 56 310 31 91
Zoom ID: 470-582-4086 Password: AdA
Friday: ETH HPK G 28   +41 44 633 3076
The more exotic, the more abstract the knowledge,
the more profound will be its consequences.
Leon Lederman