opal - Re: [Opal] Convert external particle distribution weighted by different macro charges to OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Convert external particle distribution weighted by different macro charges to OPAL

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: Simon Friederich <sifriede AT uni-mainz.de>
  • Cc: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Convert external particle distribution weighted by different macro charges to OPAL
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 17:54:24 +0200

Hi Simon,

couldn't you use the longitudinal charge distribution as a pdf and resample the long. particle distribution with it. In transverse direction you would then use e.g. a gaussian distribution. For the momenta of the particles you would use the moments of the distribution.

I haven't done this myself though.

Christof