opal - Re: [Opal] Elegant to OPAL example files?

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Elegant to OPAL example files?

  • From: "Adelmann Andreas (PSI)" <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
  • To: "Taubert, Sebastian" <taubert AT uni-mainz.de>
  • Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Elegant to OPAL example files?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 19:42:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

Hello Sebastian thank you very much for the details.

I have two comments:

1. yes the initial conditions are crucial and maybe not
    yet totally resolved. Pay attention to the correlation.

2. Elegant is integrating in s and opal-t in time.
    This always gives small discrepancies if you infer
    the values from the stat file. Certainly in your plots there
    is/are other problems. The discrepancies (between s and t) can be
    minimal for a small bunch in longitudinal direction or
   measuring at a fixed s-position using monitors.

3. Is there space charge present?

My advice, stop before the first dipole and make sure
both models agree.

Cheers A
------
Dr. sc. math. Andreas (Andy) Adelmann
Head a.i. Labor for Scientific Computing and Modelling
Paul Scherrer Institut OHSA/ CH-5232 Villigen PSI
Phone Office: xx41 56 310 42 33 Fax: xx41 56 310 31 91
Zoom ID: 470-582-4086 Password: AdA
Friday: ETH HPK G 28   +41 44 633 3076
The more exotic, the more abstract the knowledge,
the more profound will be its consequences.
Leon Lederman