opal - Re: [Opal] emission from cathode in OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] emission from cathode in OPAL

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: philippe.piot AT gmail.com
  • Cc: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] emission from cathode in OPAL
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 12:51:36 +0200

Dear Philippe,

with EMISSIONMODEL=ASTRA all particles are emitted, it doesn't take into consideration any space charge induced fields at the cathode. The model NONEQUIL does this but I don't know how well it works.

The warning about rebinning can be ignored, as Nicole wrote, Opal doesn't rebin (i.e. put all particles into a single energy bin) while particles are still being emitted. You can delay the moment when the energy bins are deleted with e.g.
OPTION, MINSTEPFORREBIN = 1000;
However from the extract of the input I would assume that you don't use any energy bins at all (NBIN is commented out).

Cheers,
Christof