opal AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum
- From: "Taubert, Sebastian" <taubert AT uni-mainz.de>
- To: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
- Subject: [Opal] Cavity Benchmark against Elegant/Parmela
- Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 16:49:00 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, de-DE, en-US
- Authentication-results: mc2.ethz.ch; iprev=pass (mailgate-3.zdv.net) smtp.remote-ip=126.96.36.199; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=uni-mainz.de; dkim=pass header.d=uni-mainz.de header.s=20190702 header.a=rsa-sha256; dmarc=pass header.from=uni-mainz.de
- Ironport-data: A9a23:M+P4G6y7NZaD/NGF+AJ6t+eBxCrEfRIJ4+MujC+fZmUNrF6WrkUGz 2QbW2iPaancZWuhetgnYdji9UsP6peBzdJkGVNprS00HyNBpOP7XtnIdU2Y0wF+jyHgoOCLy +1EN7Es+ehtFie0Si+Fa+Sn9T8mvU2xbuKU5NTsY0idfic5DnZ54f5fs7Rh2NQw2oDgW1nlV e7a+qUzBnf0hlaYDUpMg06zgEsHUCPa4W5wUvQWPJinjXeG/5UnJMt3yZKZdhMUdrJp8tuSH I4v+l0bElTxpH/BAvv9+lryn9ZjrrT6ZWBigVIOM0Sub4QrSiEais4G2PQghUh/qyysjt5/k P90sKPgZAEDZI/TiNpCekwNe81+FfUuFL7vLGjm6pDKikjdLnupmaUoHk0oe7Ae+6NSCGBI5 7o0BVjhbDiNi77sku7gELI+1s8vIJu1ZN1N63g4lmOIB/goE57OGa+Y74YBhV/chegXdRraT 9YQdDBidgjofhtOf1IeCZQs2uul7pX6W2QD9w3O/Pdoi4TV5FB2j4rXaN6OQNKPYecPs0qDr 2/P3l2sV3n2M/Tak1Jp6EmEgffGmQv/WZkOD/ug7f8si137+4AIIBAGDADn+Ly8kRO+HogPb V4Y5Gwzq6l38UWqSMu7UxDQTGO4gyPwkuF4S4USgDxhAIKOi+pFLgDolgJ8VeE=
- Ironport-hdrordr: A9a23:ltbIa63lpyPRHNB0sS8usAqjBHkkLtp133Aq2lEZdPUzSL3hqy nOpoVj6faQsl0ssR4b8+xoVJPufZqkz+8R3WBzB8bFYOCFgguVxehZhOPfKlvbdREWndQ96U 4PScRD4ZLLYGRSvILW6BSxeuxQouWvweSNraPm1HFzTQxncMhbnmREIzfeKE15QwVcbKBJc6 a01457vDKmY3wcc8S8ARA+Loz+m+E=
For some time now, I fail to reproduce Elegant simulations in OPAL regarding an electron beam passing a module of two cavities. Attached to this mail, you can find the inputfile for OPAL including fieldmaps (the input distribution was too big to attach to this mail).
Also attached are two pictures of beta distributions. One was created with the above mentioned OPAL simulation and the other one is the same cryomodule with the same input distribution in Elegant. You can see that the electron beam in OPAL is quite strongly focussed by the cavities (the focus is shifted from the mid to the front) and as a consequence blows up.
Also included is a parmela code which produces the same result as the elegant simulation and uses the same fieldmaps as the opal inputfile. Also, here you can see where I got the structure for the OPAL cryomodule from.
I fail to understand what causes the different behaviour. We tried to think about every difference in elegant/parmela to OPAL. Space Charge was "turned off" in all simulations. Can someone please check my input file? Maybe you can see if I have made some
obvious mistakes in setting up the beam/distribution/fieldsolver etc. Anything that could explain the strange focussing behaviour.
Also I'm happy to present my thoughts and what we already tried out in a short Zoom Meeting.
Thanks in advance, have a nice evening,
Institut für Kernphysik
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
D - 55128 Mainz
E-Mail: taubert AT uni-mainz.de
Office: Due to Covid-19, temporarily not in office
Mobile: +49 1515 0535622
Description: MESA_CM (2).zip
[Opal] Cavity Benchmark against Elegant/Parmela,
Taubert, Sebastian, 03/01/2022
- Re: [Opal] Cavity Benchmark against Elegant/Parmela, Christof Metzger-Kraus, 03/08/2022
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.