opal - Re: [Opal] beamline simulation for low energy radioactive ion beams

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] beamline simulation for low energy radioactive ion beams

  • From: "Adelmann Andreas (PSI)" <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
  • To: Van de Walle Jarno <jarno.van.de.walle AT sckcen.be>
  • Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] beamline simulation for low energy radioactive ion beams
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:44:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

Hi Jarno you need to define the charge for example

REAL f1   = 50.65;  // MHz

"RIB": BEAM, MASS=E0*1e-3, charge=1.0, ENERGY=E_TOT*1e-3, npart=10.0, BCURRENT=1.0E-6, BFREQ= f1;

Still, something seams to be off with the rest-mass. Consider to check by printing some values like:

value, {sr_gamma, E0};
STOP;

Otherwise I will look at this again.

Cheers Andy
------
Dr. sc. math. Andreas (Andy) Adelmann
Head a.i. Labor for Scientific Computing and Modelling
Paul Scherrer Institut OHSA/ CH-5232 Villigen PSI
Phone Office: xx41 56 310 42 33 Fax: xx41 56 310 31 91
Zoom ID: 470-582-4086 Password: AdA
Zoom Link: https://ethz.zoom.us/j/4705824086?pwd=dFcvT1pMMGY0bHg0dTNncUNZZTJkZz09

Friday: ETH HPK G 28   +41 44 633 3076
The more exotic, the more abstract the knowledge,
the more profound will be its consequences.
Leon Lederman