opal AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum
- From: Zhi Li <zhili29882 AT gmail.com>
- To: Adelmann Andreas <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>, opal AT lists.psi.ch
- Subject: Re: [Opal] no magnetic field
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 13:47:17 -0600
- Authentication-results: mc3.ethz.ch; iprev=pass (mail-wr1-f54.google.com) smtp.remote-ip=220.127.116.11; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=gmail.com; dkim=pass header.d=gmail.com header.s=20210112 header.a=rsa-sha256; dmarc=pass header.from=gmail.com
I found the reason why I thought there was no magnetic field in the simulation. When I got this field map from a colleague, they had mislabeled B as H, so the values are smaller by a factor of mu. After I corrected this the results looked similar to what they had in GPT code. Thanks for the help!
On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 3:32 PM Adelmann Andreas <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch> wrote:
Hi Zhi I think your E values are off and the number of pointsper dimension is also not matching up with the number of entries in the file.
Check the description of
Dr. sc. math. Andreas (Andy) Adelmann
Head a.i. Labor for Scientific Computing and Modelling
Paul Scherrer Institut OHSA/D09 CH-5232 Villigen PSI
Phone Office: xx41 56 310 42 33 Fax: xx41 56 310 31 91
Zoom ID: 470-582-4086 Password: AdA
Zoom Link: https://ethz.zoom.us/j/4705824086?pwd=dFcvT1pMMGY0bHg0dTNncUNZZTJkZz09
Friday: ETH HPK G 28 +41 44 633 3076
The more exotic, the more abstract the knowledge,
the more profound will be its consequences.
On 17 Jan 2023, at 19:45, Zhi Li <zhili29882 AT gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Andreas,<map and input file.zip>
I found that my simulation is not implementing the magnetic field and radial component of the electric field. I checked this by looking at the output file and the datasets for Ex_ref, Ey_ref, Bx_ref, By_ref, Bz_ref are all 0. I am using the 2DDynamic field map format. What can I do to fix this? Thanks for the help!
[Opal] no magnetic field,
Zhi Li, 01/17/2023
Re: [Opal] no magnetic field,
Adelmann Andreas, 01/17/2023
- Re: [Opal] no magnetic field, Zhi Li, 01/30/2023
- Re: [Opal] no magnetic field, Adelmann Andreas, 01/17/2023
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.