opal - Re: [Opal] Bleed through issue with OPAL Mask

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Bleed through issue with OPAL Mask

  • From: Joel Andersson <joean407 AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Parrack <jparrack AT g.ucla.edu>
  • Cc: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Bleed through issue with OPAL Mask
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 17:23:33 +0200

Hello,

Just out of curiosity, have you tried with different grid sizes to see if there is any correlations between bleeding and grid points?

Best regards
Joel

Den fre 21 juli 2023 17:12John Parrack <jparrack AT g.ucla.edu> skrev:
Hello, I'm having an issue with some of the simulations I'm trying to run and having difficulty resolving it. I was hoping to reach out for help.

The issue appears to be that when I use certain masks elements, I see bleed through in a particular region. An example is attached below. The masking element contains thin vertical stripes and I've attempted to test many variations on it but this seems to correlate with this bleed through effect in the lower left quadrant just after the masking step. If I use an identical mask without the vertical striping it looks as expected but the vertical striping is an important feature of the simulation.

Would love some direction or guidance towards eliminating this issue. I'm out of ideas.

--
John Parrack
Particle Beam Physics Lab | Undergraduate Physics | UCLA