opal - [Opal] The SEPTUM element is not working properly

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] The SEPTUM element is not working properly

  • From: 18001331171 AT 189.cn
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] The SEPTUM element is not working properly
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 10:08:25 +0800 (CST)
  • Hmm_attache_num: 0000
  • Hmm_source_ip: wmail.10.64.8.41.1973718955
  • Hmm_source_type: WEBMAIL
  • Hmm_webcln_ip: 124.152.207.217

Hello,

I'm having an issue relating the SEPTUM element.

In single particle cyclotron simulation, I got the particle track from the trackOrbit file. And then I set a septum on the

way the praticle is going through, but the particle is not on the septum at all.

Is there some special settings that's needed for the septum to work or I didn't use the septum correctly?

Best Regards,

Weizhuang Peng