opal - Re: [Opal] Some questions regarding our current simulations

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Some questions regarding our current simulations

  • From: "Calvo Portela, Pedro" <Pedro.Calvo AT ciemat.es>
  • To: Opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>, Galo Gallardo <ggallardo AT hi-iberia.es>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Some questions regarding our current simulations
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 13:30:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: es-ES, en-US

Dear Galo

I have successfully compiled your input file without errors. I try to answer your questions:

1. To my understanding this part is correct. You are simulating 20K macroparticles with a frequency defined by BREQ.

2. The output file h5 contains the phase space of all the particles according to PSDUMPFREQ. In addition, the output file stat is generated with the beam statistic along the line, according to STATDUMPFREQ.

3. Edes is defined in GeV, as it is indicated in the manual (http://amas.web.psi.ch/opal/Documentation/master/#sec.beam-command.beam-energy).

4. if you want, you can try to include the FFT Fieldsolver, following the instructions given in the manual (http://amas.web.psi.ch/opal/Documentation/master/#sec.fieldsolvers.fieldsolvercmd).

6. The RUN command is correct

Best regards