opal - [Opal] About adding 3D earth magnetic field to OPAL simulations

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] About adding 3D earth magnetic field to OPAL simulations

  • From: Abdullah Burkan Bereketoğlu <abereketoglu AT tarla-fel.org>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [Opal] About adding 3D earth magnetic field to OPAL simulations
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 11:39:31 +0300

Hi OPAL Development Team Member,

Hope this e-mail finds you well.

My name is Burkan Bereketoglu and I am working at Turkish Accelerator and Radiation Laboratory. Here we are building an accelerator system for FEL. I am in the beam dynamics group and recently we switched to OPAL from ASTRA, but my issue here is I couldn't find any option that is not automatically adding default values that I can apply my 3Dearthmagnetic.dat file to as a keyword. In astra we put it in RFCavity since it does not assume that it has an E-field beforehand or an angle or so.

I created the file based on the appendix B.16 3DMagnetoStatic.

Hope to hear from you back soon.

Kind Regards
Burkan Bereketoglu

  • [Opal] About adding 3D earth magnetic field to OPAL simulations, Abdullah Burkan Bereketoğlu, 01/25/2024