psiltpcolloquium-announcements AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: PSI/LTP colloquium announcements
[Psiltpcolloquium-announcements] This weeks PSI/LTP Thursday Colloquium
- From: Frank Meier <frank.meier AT psi.ch>
- To: psiltpcolloquium-announcements AT lists.psi.ch
- Subject: [Psiltpcolloquium-announcements] This weeks PSI/LTP Thursday Colloquium
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:48:08 +0200
- List-archive: <https://lists.web.psi.ch/pipermail/psiltpcolloquium-announcements/>
- List-id: PSI/LTP colloquium announcements <psiltpcolloquium-announcements.lists.psi.ch>
Please find below the details to this weeks PSI colloquium. Please drop a note in response to this email if you wish to participate.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: PSI/LTP Thursday Colloquium
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:15:53 +0200 (CEST)
From: Alexander Mueck <alexander.mueckATpsi.ch>
To: Alexander Mueck <alexander.mueckATpsi.ch>
This is to remind you of this week's Thursday colloquium at PSI.
speaker: P. Picozza (Tor Vergata Rome)
title: Search for Antimatter and Dark Matter with the PAMELA
date: Thursday, April 23, 2009
time: 4 p.m.
place: WHGA Auditorium
WWW URL: http://ltpth.web.psi.ch/colloquium/abstractpicozza.html
The PAMELA satellite-borne experiment was launched from the Bajkonur
launch site in Kazakhstan on the 15th of June 2006. Measurements of
antiprotons and positrons energy spectra are being performed since July
2006 to search for exotic sources, such as dark matter particle
annihilation. PAMELA is also looking for primordial antinuclei (antiHe).
Other measurements concern light nuclei energy spectra, the monitoring of
the solar activity and the study of the radiation belts. Results on
antiprotons to protons and positrons to all electrons ratios will be
presented together with preliminary data on the antiprotons and electrons
fluxes and secondary to primary nuclei ratios.
With best regards,
Alexander Mueck and Michael Spira
Dr. Alexander Mueck
Paul Scherrer Institut
CH-5232 Villigen, PSI, Schweiz
- [Psiltpcolloquium-announcements] This weeks PSI/LTP Thursday Colloquium, Frank Meier, 04/21/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.