sls-data-export - [[Sls-data-export] ] new version of the data transfer service @ PSI

sls-data-export AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: Mlist for Data Export users at SLS

[[Sls-data-export] ] new version of the data transfer service @ PSI

  • From: "Ozerov Dmitry (PSI)" <Dmitry.Ozerov AT psi.ch>
  • To: "sls-data-export AT lists.psi.ch" <sls-data-export AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [[Sls-data-export] ] new version of the data transfer service @ PSI
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 09:17:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

  Dear Users of the Data Transfer Service@PSI,

 we introduce a new version of the service. The important changes are that we use now two
machines for the service with the following IP's:
192.33.127.17
192.33.127.27
 In case of the internal firewall at your side, please open both IP's (the first one should already be opened,
since that IP we use in the previous version of the service).
 Both machines will be behind the common name ra-export.psi.ch. Please use this name for the service,
this would allow us transparent upgrade of the service machines.
 For sometime we keep the name xbl-export-1 (it will be pointing to the old IP), but this name will disappear in
few months,  so please update your scripts to use ra-export.psi.ch instead.

 With the new version of data transfer it would be possible to put the ssh keys yourself, without contacting us.
To do so, please run
scp YOUR_PUBLIC_SSH_KEY YOUR_PSI_USERNAME AT ra-export.psi.ch:.ssh/authorized_keys
(e.g. scp .ssh/id_rsa.pub ozerov_d AT ra-export.psi.ch:.ssh/authorized_keys).

 Transition to the new version is happening today, so small interruption in the access to the 192.33.127.17
is foreseen. In case you can use (it's not blocked by your firewall rules) the second IP (.27) you shouldn't have
any interruptions both using old name (xbl-export-1) or the new name (ra-export).

 I'm very sorry for the troubles caused by the migration for the clients with the internal firewall rules.

 In case of any questions, problems, please contact us by the usual mail:
sls-data-export-admin AT lists.psi.ch

 With best regards,
 Dmitry Ozerov on behalf of Data Transfer Service Team @ PSI

  • [[Sls-data-export] ] new version of the data transfer service @ PSI, Ozerov Dmitry (PSI), 07/04/2016