actris-acsm - [Actris-acsm] ACSM: Next Calibration and intercomparison campaign

actris-acsm AT lists.psi.ch

[Actris-acsm] ACSM: Next Calibration and intercomparison campaign

  • From: Evelyn Freney <e.freney AT opgc.univ-bpclermont.fr>
  • To: acmcc AT lsce.ipsl.Fr, actris-acsm AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [Actris-acsm] ACSM: Next Calibration and intercomparison campaign
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 09:17:07 +0200

Hello all,

Here is a short update on the description of our proposed actions in
the next intercomparison campaign in Paris (March 2016), after discussions
during the Sept.
9th meeting and further discussions with ARI.

The campaign will be divided into two phases.

The first phase will include:
1)Receive instruments in Paris at the site no latter than March 2nd, so
that they can be installed and perform maximum amount of ambient
sampling with “as delivered” calibrations. This will be at least 4
days.

2)Allocate remaining time (about 2 weeks) for a detailed calibration
intercomparison.This will involve the following:
-Standard AN cal
-Standard AS cal
- Mixed inorganic – organic calibrations to demonstrate linearity of
detection across the mixture.
- Using the PAM (reaction chamber) to generate SOA of known
characteristics so to generate an organic RIE and investigate f44.
During this first phase, Aerodyne will be present to answer questions
and to have a short workshop on instrument operation and data analysis.

Our main scientific outputs of this first phase will include a
manuscript based on "Response factor of the ACSM instruments to organic
aerosol."

The second phase is not considered as part of the official calibration.
It is more of a research effort to improve our knowledge of:

1) The ToF-ACSM. At the moment we have about 4 instruments that are
available to participate to an intercomparison of this new instrument.
The more of these instruments available to stay for a longer sampling
period the better (>2 weeks after the calibrations).
2) ACSM equipped with PM2.5 lens and capture vaporizer. At least one
Q-ACSM equipped with these systems could be compared to PILS-IC and
Sunset Field Inst. measurements.
3) investigating Paris air pollution at Spring, with all additional
instruments and efforts that you can bring.

It is important that applications are made before the 15 November
using the form available via the actris-ecac website
(http://www.wmo-gaw-wcc-aerosol-physics.org/ecac.html) and sent to
ecac AT tropos.de.

Let us know if you have other suggestions or queries

ACMCC

  • [Actris-acsm] ACSM: Next Calibration and intercomparison campaign, Evelyn Freney, 10/06/2015