h5part - [H5part] H5Part/H5Block meeting with Ji Qiang

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

[H5part] H5Part/H5Block meeting with Ji Qiang

  • From: Cristina Siegerist <cesiegerist AT lbl.gov>
  • To: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [H5part] H5Part/H5Block meeting with Ji Qiang
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:37:19 -0700

Achim and I met with Ji Qiang from the Beam Physics group and we discussed his needs for the particle and field data. Here is a summary of action points for us:

Cristina - Update BeamBeam3d with the New API
Cristina- Compile the H5Part reader plugin for VisIt in DaVinci and test is with Ji using his Mac to connect to DaVinci (His X server is doing strange things).
Cristina- Check the root reader and see how it works. Help Ji to install it.
Cristina - Contact Ji October 9th to arrange a new meeting to follow up.

Release work
Achim - Change "Particles#" to "Step#" in the H5Part code.
Achim/Cristina will take a look too- Fix a bug in the FORTRAN test code.
Achim- Change the default error handler to the one that aborts on error.
Achim/Cristina- Put all the documentation in Doxygen style and generate the html pages from there. We need easy maintenance.
Cristina- Mirror the web pages from the repository in our Web Server.
Achim- Auto update the web pages in PSI from the repository.

Future work
- Work on the Python-H5Part.
- Make the same test program in all languages.
- Make real C++ bindings.

  • [H5part] H5Part/H5Block meeting with Ji Qiang, Cristina Siegerist, 10/03/2006