h5part - Re: [H5part] FYI: H5Part-1.3.2 has been released

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] FYI: H5Part-1.3.2 has been released

  • From: John Biddiscombe <biddisco AT cscs.ch>
  • To: Achim Gsell <Achim.Gsell AT psi.ch>
  • Cc: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] FYI: H5Part-1.3.2 has been released
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:53:48 +0200

Achim
- Experimental code added to define the step name and format of step number
as proposed/requested by John Biddiscombe from CSCS. This code is still
work in progress and the feature cannot be used in this release.
That's great. Thanks. Incidentally, I'm sitting on a few changes in my local copy which I'd like to contribute
1) Builds/runs on win32
2) Added option to use INDEPENDENT_IO instead of COLLECTIVE_IO, I need this when using it on a system with a non-parallel file-system, using collective IO causes too large performance drop on our cluster.
3) Some fixes for usage in a stand alone process with no MPI (controller null checks)
4) Cmake support
5) Fix a crash when one process has zero particles to write, but others have some. Assumptions about data/mem space were wrong.
6) Added a function to query IsTimeStep Present, so that I don't overwrite an existing one if redoing the same time
7) some other minor tweaks I've forgotten about.

If I update my copy to work with your 1.3.2 (svn head), can I send you a large patch with all of it in, or would you prefer smaller patches which address individual issues (much more work)

JB