h5part AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: H5Part development and discussion
- From: John Biddiscombe <biddisco AT cscs.ch>
- To: Achim Gsell <Achim.Gsell AT psi.ch>
- Cc: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
- Subject: Re: [H5part] FYI: H5Part-1.3.2 has been released
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:53:48 +0200
- List-archive: <https://lists.web.psi.ch/pipermail/h5part/>
- List-id: H5Part development and discussion <h5part.lists.psi.ch>
- Experimental code added to define the step name and format of step numberThat's great. Thanks. Incidentally, I'm sitting on a few changes in my local copy which I'd like to contribute
as proposed/requested by John Biddiscombe from CSCS. This code is still
work in progress and the feature cannot be used in this release.
1) Builds/runs on win32
2) Added option to use INDEPENDENT_IO instead of COLLECTIVE_IO, I need this when using it on a system with a non-parallel file-system, using collective IO causes too large performance drop on our cluster.
3) Some fixes for usage in a stand alone process with no MPI (controller null checks)
4) Cmake support
5) Fix a crash when one process has zero particles to write, but others have some. Assumptions about data/mem space were wrong.
6) Added a function to query IsTimeStep Present, so that I don't overwrite an existing one if redoing the same time
7) some other minor tweaks I've forgotten about.
If I update my copy to work with your 1.3.2 (svn head), can I send you a large patch with all of it in, or would you prefer smaller patches which address individual issues (much more work)
- [H5part] FYI: H5Part-1.3.2 has been released, Achim Gsell, 04/19/2007
- Re: [H5part] FYI: H5Part-1.3.2 has been released, John Biddiscombe, 04/19/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.