h5part AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: H5Part development and discussion
- From: Mark Howison <MHowison AT lbl.gov>
- To: Achim Gsell <achim.gsell AT psi.ch>
- Cc: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
- Subject: [H5part] segfaults in h5_close_mesh
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:39:23 -0700
- List-archive: <https://lists.web.psi.ch/pipermail/h5part/>
- List-id: H5Part development and discussion <h5part.lists.psi.ch>
I've been debugging my H5Part regression tests and I've been getting
sporadic segfaults during file close that trace through
h5_close_mesh() to the h5priv_free() calls. My guess is that some of
the pointers in the H5Fed file data are not being initialized but are
also not NULL, so the "if(ptr) free(ptr)" logic in h5priv_free isn't
working. I'm going to try setting all those pointers to NULL initially
in one of the file open calls.
Another problem I've run into is that an h5_write_mesh call always
gets executed at file close regardless of whether the file is opened
for writing or reading. If the file is read only, this sets off a
CHECK_WRITABLE_MODE error. Can that write be moved?
- [H5part] segfaults in h5_close_mesh, Mark Howison, 07/14/2010
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.