h5part - Re: [H5part] File open fails

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] File open fails

  • From: Achim Gsell <achim.gsell AT psi.ch>
  • To: Matthew Bettencourt <mbetten AT sandia.gov>
  • Cc: h5part AT lists.psi.ch, Mark Howison <mhowison AT brown.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] File open fails
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 14:48:01 +0100

Hi Matt,

On Feb 2, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Mark Howison wrote:

> Hi Matt, it sounds like you are trying to open a file that you do not have
> write permissions to. There might already be a file with that name that is
> read-only.

Usually we compile (Open)MPI ourselves and have several version installed in
parallel as environment modules. A couple of months ago we had a similar
problem when we played with several compile-time optimization. The problem
was very strange:

- openmpi works fine
- parallel HDF5 (compiled with above openmpi) works fine
- H5Part crashes in opening a file

I will test openmpi-1.5.3-3.el6.x86_64 and check the options passed to
configure in the SPEC file. You may try to compile openmpi yourself (just
with default options) ...

Achim