h5part - Re: [H5part] bounding boxes

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] bounding boxes

  • From: Mark Howison <mhowison AT brown.edu>
  • To: Achim Gsell <achim.gsell AT psi.ch>
  • Cc: "Biddiscombe, John A." <biddisco AT cscs.ch>, h5part AT lists.psi.ch, Prabhat Prabhat <prabhat AT hpcrd.lbl.gov>
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] bounding boxes
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 10:24:39 -0500

Hi John, you can perform fast range queries on a H5Part data set by creating
a corresponding FastBit index. I'm cc'ing Prabhat who can provide you with
more information about a library developed at LBL to integrate FastBit
indices into H5Part files, although I don't know if it is publicly available.
Mark