h5part - Re: [H5part] bounding boxes

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] bounding boxes

  • From: Mr Prabhat <prabhat AT hpcrd.lbl.gov>
  • To: "Biddiscombe, John A." <biddisco AT cscs.ch>
  • Cc: Mark Howison <mhowison AT brown.edu>, Achim Gsell <achim.gsell AT psi.ch>, "h5part AT lists.psi.ch" <h5part AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] bounding boxes
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 10:06:41 -0800

Hi John,

Yes, if you are only going to do spatial subsets, bboxes should work just
fine. FastBit enables you do queries on any variable, or combination of
variables. John Wu and I have been working on FastQuery which enables one to
apply FastBit to H5Part, generic HDF5 files and NetCDF files. Happy to share
the code with you if you'd like.

Prabhat