h5part - [H5part] Fortran API fixed?

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

[H5part] Fortran API fixed?

  • From: "Achtemeier, Gavin" <gachtem AT sandia.gov>
  • To: "h5part AT lists.psi.ch" <h5part AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [H5part] Fortran API fixed?
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 16:52:03 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hello,

I have been having trouble linking to the H5hut/H5Part Fortran library, it seems that the compiler does not recognize that the functions are defined in the statically linked library. If I explicitly define the H5 functions my program uses as EXTERNAL  the compiler (both ifort and Gfortran) gives “File not found:  'h5part.omesh.o'”.  Additionally I noticed there’s an open ticket(#4) regarding the Fortran API having issues and would like to know if that’s still a known issue.

Thank you for any assistance,

Gavin Achtemeier