h5part - Re: [H5part] H5Hut questions/issues

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] H5Hut questions/issues

  • From: PSI <achim.gsell AT psi.ch>
  • To: Matthew Bettencourt <mbetten AT sandia.gov>
  • Cc: <h5part AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] H5Hut questions/issues
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:37:05 +0200

> On 24 Jul 2017, at 19:45, Matthew Bettencourt <mbetten AT sandia.gov> wrote:
>
> I really like H5Hut and I'm using the latest git verison.
>

> Question, it looks like the parallel_io define is really has_mpi which is
> necessary for parallel_io but not sufficient. If you are building with MPI
> but not a parallel hdf5, then you get errors at link time if you enable
> parallel_io or at compile time if you use mpicc.

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly. Is this what you mean?

First case: building H5hut with MPI, a serial (not parallel) hdf5,
PARALLEL_IO defined.
This combination is not valid. I will add some checks in configure and
H5huts's header files to print an error.

Second case: building H5hut with MPI, a serial hdf5, PARALLEL_IO not defined.
This should work, I have to test this case.

Best

Achim