h5part - Re: [H5part] Issues while configure H5PART source code

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] Issues while configure H5PART source code

  • From: Ybiao He <ybiao2016 AT gmail.com>
  • To: achim.gsell AT psi.ch
  • Cc: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] Issues while configure H5PART source code
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 22:04:27 -0500

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have solved the problem.

Best,
Youbiao

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 10:24 AM Gsell Achim (PSI) <achim.gsell AT psi.ch> wrote:
Hi Youbiao

> On 4 Oct 2018, at 17:38, Ybiao He <ybiao2016 AT gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am working on a paper and want to use H5PART. I am running into some problems while configure the source code.
>
> I want to use ./configure --enable-parallel and the checking process tell that
> configure: error: MPI wrapper can't compile or link MPI program! Please set the INCLUDE and LIBS variables manually
>
> My MPI is not installed in a regular folder, but I can figure out the path of my MPI. Now I wonder how to manually set that two variables, and what values they should have. The MPI inlude and lib path? or something else. Thank you so much!

Which version are you trying to compile?
Is mpicc in your PATH?
What happen if you specify the prefix of you MPI installation wit --with-mpi?
Did you had a look at the file 'config.log'?  If you send it, I will have a look.

Best

Achim