opal - Re: [Opal] 3D OPAL-CYCL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] 3D OPAL-CYCL

  • From: jjyang <jianjun.yang AT psi.ch>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] 3D OPAL-CYCL
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:35:40 +0200

Hi Karie,

As many other cyclotron code, OPAL-CYCL read 2D feild map on the median plane
and do 3rd order expansion on the vertical direction following the Z
direction, according to the approach given by Gordon and Taivassalo's
approach.

I think 3D field map is not necessarily better than 2D field map.
3D field map need more memory and may contain more numerical errors since the
radial-vertical ratio is huge in cyclotron.

Best wishes,
Jianjun Yang

在 2011-8-24,下午9:50, Karie Badgley 写道: