opal - [Opal] Re: Using a 3DDynamic Field Map

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Re: Using a 3DDynamic Field Map

  • From: Andreas Adelmann <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
  • To: Norman Huang <norman-huang AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: Opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [Opal] Re: Using a 3DDynamic Field Map
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:35:49 +0200

Hello Norman well you from the following collaboration diagram (http://amas.web.psi.ch/docs/opal/html/classRFCavityRep.html)

you can see that if you inherit from the RFCavity class you should be able to read in a field map.

In case of the Quadrupole, the fields get calculated from a Multipole (http://amas.web.psi.ch/docs/opal/html/classMultipoleRep.html)
as seen below. So you maybe inherit also from RFCavity or extend the EMField with the required capabilities.

I hope that helps and sorry for the delay but I just returned from a trip and my disk is kind of over-full.

Cheers Andreas