opal - [Opal] PX-X Plots of an SBend

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] PX-X Plots of an SBend

  • From: Norman Huang <norman-huang AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Andreas Adelmann <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>, <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] PX-X Plots of an SBend
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:44:44 -0800

Hi Andreas,

I used the sample SBend parameters that you gave me, and tried to run a proton beam through. The results I'm seeing look strange, can you interpret this result?

The input parameters are in qf.in, the beamline is basically an SBEND of length 0.614m, located at 1.0m along the beamline. I've attached some PX-X plots at various locations, the filenames correspond to the z-position.

Regarding current progress, I have implemented an electrostatic quadrupole class that has a built-in fringe field. The parameter that it takes in is Voltage and Aperture Radius. Once we figure out how bending dipoles work, we'll implement an electrostatic bender. When that's done we should be able to start modelling our beamline.

Regards,
Norman

  • [Opal] PX-X Plots of an SBend, Norman Huang, 11/10/2011