opal - Re: [Opal] Simple Test

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Simple Test

  • From: Andreas Adelmann <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
  • To: Karie Badgley <karie.email AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Simple Test
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:23:23 +0100

Dear Karie if you have a magnetic field, the first thing to do is to check tunes
at fixed energies. That means:

1) create initial conditions for a given energies -> R and Pr
for this you need an other program
2) run OPAL in tune calculation mode (see manual 4.2.1, 4.2.6, 4.2.7, 8.6.4
3) compare the tunes.

If you run OPAL with one core you get a file gnu.out. Use gnuplot in the following way:

splot 'gnu.out' u 1:2:3 w d

and you should see your magnetic field.

Cheers Andreas